Classes, Consultations, Crafts, Talks, and Programs to help you tap in to Nature's Bounty
Homesteading • Primitive Skills • Self Sufficiency
Organic Gardening • Wild Foods • Herbalism
Natural & Primitive Building • Edible Landscaping • Living Off the grid
Survival Adventures • Wine Making • and much more...
In this program you will be introduced to the skills integral to living an earth based life. We will delve into self-sufficiency, modern and historical homesteading, permaculture, and primitive skills. You will leave the course with a greater understanding of how to provide for the basic needs of you and your friends and family. The program will meet roughly 1 weekend/month and includes a couple of adventerous field trips.
We offer over 50 classes on a variety of subjects. We can tailor our classes for groups and schools as well as individuals. We also welcome groups, schools, and individuals to participate in our prescheduled classes.
We can help you realize your dreams of living more simply and independently.
The foundations program prepares students to strike out on their own. This full-time program meets 2 days a week throughout the year with a healthy smattering of field trips and breaks.
- Wild Foods Plant inventory of your land and/or surroundings
- Design for self-sufficiency
- Forest Management consultation
- Vegetable garden building and consultation
- Edible landscape design and planting
- Homestead design and planning
- Land choice and acquisition for self-sufficiency
- Working with the cycle of the seasons
- Living off the grid
- Orchard design and maintenance
- Using the wildness around your home
Please visit our sister enterprise for fabulous permaculture design: Urban Paradise Gardening