*We have revised our refund policy in response to the global coronavirus pandemic – see below*
Wild Abundance is passionate about sharing skills and knowledge. We work to make our classes accessible to everyone who wants to learn, while also providing fair wages and compensation to our staff, instructors, and collaborators.
We do not issue refunds for tuition payments of in-person classes. Wild Abundance is a small business that relies on tuition payments in order to offer our classes and programs. Often, the contribution of just one or two students will put us past the break-even point of covering our costs. With this in mind, please be sure that you will be able to attend a class before registering. For information on refunds for online classes, see below.
Coronavirus Refund Policy
Updated December 14, 2020
We acknowledge that the spread of coronavirus and COVID-19 are serious and can feel scary. As a result, we’ve amended our refund policy accordingly to include transfers. We hope these changes will accommodate the needs of our students during this crisis.
- If we are not able to run a class, due to safety or local regulations, it will either be rescheduled and/or taught in an online format (this is unlikely because our classroom is outdoors, but who knows what the future holds).
- No refunds are available for classes that change in timing or format, however we are willing to work with you to transfer your credit to another class if a rescheduled time doesn’t work for you.
- If you are not able to attend a class due to COVID-19, we offer one free transfer to another date of the same class, or to a different class**. We do not issue refunds if you can’t attend due to COVID-19.
**If the transfer is to a different class with a lower registration fee, we do not issue cash refunds, but you will be able to apply your credit to future classes with us. If you transfer to a class with a higher registration fee, you will be responsible for paying the difference. Additional transfers (if you want to transfer the credit again) will be charged a $75 transfer fee.
Refunds for Online Classes
We offer full refunds for our online classes within 2 weeks of purchase. In order to qualify for a refund, you must have viewed at least 4 lessons within the class/program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about refunds for online classes.
Payment plan options are available for some classes so that you can spread the cost out over time and break it up into more manageable chunks. We generally ask folks on a payment plan to pay, in total, a “middle” price on the sliding scale. Additionally, we will add a $75 admin fee to your total. This is for two reasons: first, payment plans are riskier for us because students may drop out of a class after making only one or two payments; second, keeping track of payments made, and reminding folks to make payments is more work on our part.
Our scholarship program focuses on building social and racial equity by sharing our offerings with Black, Latinx, Indigenous people, and People of Color (BIPOC). We occasionally offer scholarships to other groups based on financial need and/or involvement in community projects.
We understand that the advantages white people hold are a direct result of the exploitation of BIPOC, including their skills, knowledges, lands, labor, and other valuable resources. Additionally, we acknowledge that People of Color face institutional, cultural and socioeconomic barriers to “coming back to the land” and learning skills for self-sufficiency. These barriers are the result of biased and violent systems of power that explicitly undermine and marginalize BIPOC and deny them access to land, education, safety, and other resources.
Our intentions behind offering equity scholarships are to:
- Provide access to these skills for people who otherwise might not have the opportunity, due to the above mentioned systems, structures, and barriers.
- Support the representation and participation of BIPOC in the worlds of earth-based skills.
- Make a small but concrete offering towards acknowledgement and restitution to the communities who have been exploited for the material gain of white people and white culture, and from whom much of what we teach has been taken without consent.
In-Person Classes with Scholarship Opportunities:
To apply for a scholarship for an in-person class, click here. In-person class scholarships include full tuition and free camping and do not include meals, camping gear, class gear, transportation, or lodging in an airbnb.
Online Classes with Scholarship Opportunities:
To apply for a scholarship for one of our online classes, please visit the individual class page, where you will find a link to a scholarship application.
If you have any further questions about refunds, payment plans or scholarships, please email them to: email@example.com.